Guatemala Mission Trip Information
We are taking a group on a mission trip to Guatemala in the summer of 2017, giving the youth an opportunity for international mission experience as well as the opportunity to work side by side with other members of their faith community.
Who: youth, college students, and adults from the GUMC community.
Dates of the trip: July 13th-20th, 2017
Destination: San Juan La Laguna, Guatemala.
Types of Projects:
- Light construction projects for single mothers
- Helping a struggling coffee farmer
- Engaging in English language programs at a local school
- Supporting a local women’s cooperative
- Beautification projects throughout the community of San Juan La Laguna
Extras mentioned above to be considered for “fun day” activity:
- Ziplining - $55-60 per person
- Walking tour/shopping/museum – no fee
- Pacaya Volcano. Enter the National Park and hike to the top of the beautiful volcano that stands over Antigua. Strenuous hike, but worth the effort! $25.00
- Santa Teresita. Hot springs/massage/relaxation -$50.00
- Coffee Plantation. Tour one of the oldest coffee plantations in the region and taste some freshly roasted coffee goodness! $25.00
** If there are any questions, please contact Janette Friesen (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Theresa Bargfrede (641-814-3060; email@example.com).