Upcoming Events Can Be Found Below:
On Friday, February 16th, we’re offering something special for families. Parents can drop off their kids (3 year old & potty trained through 5th graders) for a fun night at the church while the parents go on a date! Contact Phil for more information or to volunteer to help work this event. Click here for more information!
Spaghetti Dinner and Silent Auction Fundraiser
Come enjoy dinner for a free will offering on Tuesday, February 27th. The youth will host a spaghetti dinner here from 5:30-7:30pm along with a Silent Auction with donated prizes and baskets put together by the youth mission team as a fundraiser for their mission trip to Denver, CO coming up at the end of June. Mark your calendars to not have to cook that evening and to gather with your church family for dinner at the church for a good cause. Spread the word to your neighbors and friends too! If you have an item or a basket of items you’d like to donate for the silent auction, please contact Theresa@grimesumc.com!
Starting on Wednesday February 28th, we will be having prayer nights for those not involved in other ministries on Wednesday nights in the sanctuary at 6:15pm, to pray for God’s power, presence, and healing.
The Flourish Women’s Ministry Team invites women to this annual women’s event on Sunday, March 4th. Beginning with a prayer walk at 5pm, followed by dinner. You’ll be encouraged to March Forth in what God is calling you to this year. Feel free to bring friends! Please RSVP to Michelle in the office by March 1st so we know how much food to provide and supplies for our craft.
Sunday School Classes:
Three classes are offered for adults during the learning hour from 9:45-10:45am.
- “The Reason For God” By Timothy Keller – Jeff Hendricks leads this book study about belief in an age of skepticism.
- “What the Bible is All About” – Pastor Ben teaches this class covering one book per week from Colossians through Revelation.
- “Surprised by the Power of the Holy Spirit” by Jack Deere – Tom Mowrer leads this study on the Holy Spirit.
Wednesday Night Live:
Fellowship meal is at 5:30pm and classes begin at 6:15pm for children, youth, and adults.
Adult Classes include:
- “Front Porch” – Pastor Ben leads this class for people newer to GUMC to get to know more about the Methodist Church.
- “When God’s Spirit Moves” by Jim Cymbala – Josh Dahm leads this 6 week class exploring the person and work of the Holy Spirit.
- “The Armor of God” by Priscilla Shirer – a women’s study to challenge you to suit up, stand firm, and secure victory in your life.
Megan Grove and Laura Austin lead a group for young adults. They meet in the Family Room on Sundays at 6pm. If you are too old for the youth group, but don’t feel ready to take an adult study, or just want to connect and grow your faith alongside other young adults, this is for you!